Toyota Sunrader Pick-up and Pics

For unrelated reasons, I was off work Friday. This gave me a chance to run to the DMV and get the title transferred and get the tag. My son and I drove to the seller's house Sunday and arrived at 1:00 to pick it up. I'd already secured storage earlier in the week.

The seller showed us around it a bit more and demonstrated how to light the hot water heater (6 gallons) and turn the inverter (1500 watts) on and off. It has two batteries, although only one is wired into the 12-volt electric system and the inverter. The wiring is in place for a second battery, but that will be a separate post.

I drove it back to our cul-de-sac so we it to the wife/mom, and then we headed off to an industrial park for my son to practice driving it. It's a 4 speed manual, and although he's driven his sister's car (also a manual), he probably has a total of an hour operating a manual vehicle, and only under practice conditions.

He does, however, play Forza on his Playstation 3 with wheel, shift and pedal accessories. Odd as it may sound, I think being used to that helped him with the timing and pedal positions.

We spent about an hour of him driving, with a focus on getting it going. he didn't stall it (although he came close when reversing for the first time) and got the feel of the clutch pretty quickly.

He's pretty excited.

Once practice time was over, we took it to the storage facility and parked it.

I know you're here for pictures, so be patient, they're coming, I swear!

There are some things that need to be done that I didn't notice/think to check when I bought it:

Functional stuff
  • Horn doesn't work
  • Differential leak(?) 
  • Has a spare, but wasn't able to get it off; I'd like to replace it
  • Play in the steering--I knew this, but I'd like to get it fixed
  • Drain/flush all tanks 
  • Attach trailer hitch with locking storage box
Other Stuff
  • Figure out the electric--some of the sockets are on the inverter, some aren't
  • Get a TV
  • Convert couch to fold out; get new memory foam futon mattress for it
  • Another battery and solar? I know a place....
  • Generator
 And now what you've been waiting for (if you came here from Reddit anyway) some pics!

With the intrepid adventurer

Outside looking in

Rear kitchen

View from the back

Over the cab

The cockpit!

Couch

  Across from the couch - fridge and storage

Suicide seat

Small closet across from fridge next to bathroom

Another view from the door

The fridge

Bathroom sink and shower

Thanks for checking it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1989 Chevy Escaper

Getting Down to the Wire - a Toyota Sunrader